Buying a property
Buying a property in Spain is nothing if not an un-nerving experience. Generally, you will not know the country in any real detail and you will require both advice and assistance to guide you through a potential minefield – from legalities through to reliable professionals, good and bad locations and suitable properties. Without an exceptionally knowledgeable friend to hand, you will inevitably have to turn to an estate agent.
Obviously, estate agents in Spain differ greatly in the way that they work and the help they provide.
At Luz del Sol we pride ourselves in our Customer Service and how we deal with our customers, act in a professional manner and treat people how we would like to be treated ourselves.
Being the first Estate agent in the Costa Calida region who is a member of the AIPP (Association of International Property Professionals), we are now celebrating 19 successful years of selling New & Resale Properties in this area.
Our office is based in Mazarron (Murcia, Spain). The key to our success is to offer a single point of contact whether you are in the UK or Spain. Our website is one of the most comprehensiveand user friendly on the Internet, giving a direct link to the complete range of properties and services offered by us. We also provide a unique Google Street View on all of our properties (if available). We also advertise properties for sale on various property portals, Rightmove, A Place in the Sun and Kyero..
We have an unrivalled after sales service which ensures your purchase/investment is completed stress free.
We will never share your confidential information with a 3rd party unless we have your written or verbal consent.
Important Procedures & Legal Requirements when Purchasing a Property in Spain for EU Non Residents.
- You will require a Spanish N.I.E. number. You cannot buy a house, car or anything substantial in Spain without one. (N.I.E. number in Spain means – Numero de Identificacion de Extranjero. It is an identification number for foreign nationals). This can be done by yourself or together with your chosen Legal Representative. An NIE number is similar to the UK National Insurance Number.
- Under Spanish law you are required to have a Spanish bank account if you are purchasing a property in Spain. This can be done whilst you are here and only takes half an hour.
- A 10% deposit is required immediately to confirm the offer and to take the property off the market. Upon agreement of the seller, a smaller deposit of (3,000euros) can be paid with the remainder of the deposit payable by transfer within 7-10 days.
NB. Once a deposit is paid it is non refundable, and if you do not complete, this deposit is forfeited. Likewise, once the deposit is paid the seller cannot back out without paying you back double the deposit amount. This avoids Gazumping.
- You will be required to sign a purchase agreement contract in Spanish and English.
- You must agree a proposed completion date at the time of signing the contract (by mutual agreement).
- You will need to appoint and instruct a legal representative or solicitor to represent you on your property purchase. It is advisable to meet with them before you leave Spain so that they can explain to you the buying process and legal requirements, as you must supply them with all relevant documentation. It is your legal representatives responsibility to ensure that all documentation is correct, calculate all taxes to be paid and arrange a notary appointment for the transfer of the title deeds to the buyer.
FROM START TO FINISH, YOU WILL BE IN SAFE HANDS.