Buying a property
Buying a property in Spain is very simple and quick. Luz del Sol can provide you with advice and assistance to guide you through everything from legalities through to reliable professionals, good and bad locations and suitable properties. Without an exceptionally knowledgeable friend to hand, you will inevitably have to turn to an estate agent.
Estate agents in Spain differ greatly in the way that they work and the help they provide.
At Luz del Sol we pride ourselves in our Customer Service and how we deal with our customers, act in a professional manner and treat people how we would like to be treated ourselves.
Our office is based in Camposol (Mazarron,Murcia, Spain). The key to our success is to offer a single point of contact whether you are in the UK or Spain. Our website is one of the most comprehensive and user friendly on the Internet, giving a direct link to the complete range of properties and services offered by us. We also provide a unique Google Street View on all of our properties (if available) plus an exact map location tab on our web site for each individual property. We also advertise properties for sale on various property portals, Rightmove, A Place in the Sun and Kyero..
We have an unrivalled after sales service which ensures your purchase or investment is completed stress free.
We will never share your confidential information with a 3rd party unless we have your written or verbal consent.
Important Procedures & Legal Requirements when Purchasing a Property in Spain.
- You will require a Spanish N.I.E. number. You cannot buy a house, car or anything substantial in Spain without one. (N.I.E. number in Spain means – Numero de Identificacion de Extranjero. It is an identification number for foreign nationals). This can be done by yourself or together with your chosen Legal Representative. An NIE number is like the UK National Insurance Number.
- Under Spanish law you are required to have a Spanish bank account if you are purchasing a property in Spain to pay your utility bills by direct debit. This can be done whilst you are here and only takes half an hour.
- A 10% deposit is required immediately to confirm the offer and to take the property off the market. Upon agreement of the seller, a smaller deposit of (3,000euros) can be paid with the remainder of the deposit payable by transfer within 7-10 days.
NB. Once a deposit is paid it is non refundable, and if you do not complete, this deposit is forfeited. Likewise, once the deposit is paid the seller cannot back out without paying you back double the deposit amount. This avoids Gazumping.
- Both the buyer and seller will be required to sign a purchase contract.
- You must agree a proposed completion date at the time of signing the contract (by mutual agreement).
- You will need to appoint and instruct a legal representative to represent you on your property purchase once a contract has been drawn up. They will then provide you with a full breakdown of purchase costs.
FROM START TO FINISH, YOU WILL BE IN SAFE HANDS.